Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Maternity 101: Hospital Bags...All Packed And Ready!

I feel like I am a ticking time bomb.

As of today, I'm already 39 weeks! It means I can give birth anytime. And just now, I read from my FB newsfeed that 2 more of my birthing classmates gave birth! Ahhh...I am getting more anxious each day. Anyway, while waiting for my baby to come out, I will share with you how I packed my hospital bag.

If you know me personally, I am very OC on packing my things. That is why as early as when I was 6 months pregnant, I started organizing the things I need for the hospital. and as early as 36 weeks, all our bags are in the trunk of our car. Yep. I am OC. And I am proud of it. :)

The below checklist is specifically if you are staying at St. Lukes BGC - because different hospitals vary on what should the mother would bring.

During labor, we will only bring out the diaper bag from our car which consists of the following:


1. Delivery Clothes for the Baby - this is a proof of how OC I am. I love ziplocks and labels. I put my baby's name (not seen on picture) and the content of the pack so the nurses/doctors will know what's inside. Be sure that the baby's clothes are washed. I used Cycles detergent as I got it free from my birthing class. But if you are on a tight budget, I know Perla soap is also good to use for newborn clothes.
Delivery Clothes
2. Baby Bath towel - Just in case we need it during delivery


3. Baby Toiletries - Also, just in case needed. Our baby toiletries bag contains baby wash, baby wipes, Ispropyl Alcohol 70%, cotton, cotton buds and Mustela Physiobebe no rinse wash


4. Binder - I am pushing for normal delivery, but just in case I will undergo for C-section, binder is a must. I bought my Wink binder from Urban Essentials as I got a lot of great reviews on this.

Wink Binder - Image from google
5. Hospital Documents

a. Lamaze Notes - we took Lamaze class during my 7 month of pregnancy and it's best to bring along our notes just in case we need.

b. Hospital Admission Forms - Last week, we went to the admissions office and I asked for admission forms for getting a room. I already filled out the forms needed so it will be easier and faster for my husband to get a room for us to stay.

c. Pregnancy Files - This clearbook contains my:
-Birth Plan
-Admission Forms
-Lamaze Certificate
-Mother's Information Cheat Sheet
-Ultrasound Results
-Urinalysis Results
-CBC Results
-St. Nonnatus Prayer (my Lola's request)

Important Documents


After giving birth, while I will be in the recovery room, my husband will get a private room for us to stay for 2-3 days (or whenever my OB will give me the go signal that we could go home). Only during this time when my husband will unload our luggage. I prepared two bags (1 for the baby and 1 for me and my husband)


BABY BAG:

Baby Bag


MOM and DAD BAG:

Mom and Dad Bag



I will blog more on what I prepared and put inside our luggage...stay tuned :)




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I'm starting to prepare my bag too, I'm just at 33 weeks. So far I just found one of old gym bags and cleaned it up. I'm wondering if I really need all of what you brought, what's the bare minimum things to bring? I live in Taguig area, and I'm trying to get the most affordable approach for delivery in St. Luke's BGC. Any suggestions?

Post a Comment