Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mod Mondays: Skin Care 101

Being an unica hija, I can definitely say that one of the benefits is being pampered like a princess. I am blessed to have generous parents who gave me nice clothes, bags and shoes. However, that is not the end of it. My mom would also schedule appointments to the dermatologist because during my teen years, acne welcomed me with open arms. Mom was determined to be like my Fairy Godmother as I was her Cinderella.

Whenever my mom tells me that I have a schudule at Belo, I dreaded that day. I never liked facials. Imagine lying in bed for one hour while the nurse pricked your pimples like there is no tomorrow...oh the pain!!! I bet this is my ultimate example of tiis ganda. But true enough...because of my mom's persistence, my teen acne eventually vanished.

Now I seldom go to derma, though I sometimes still get small breakouts due to my time of the month or that work is stressing me out. But these are all manageable so I need not worry. The most important thing I do now is maintaining a very good skin care routine. :)

Here are my five day-and-night steps to achieving healthy acne free skin:

1. Cleanser - I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub. For me, I prefer using scrubs over facial foams simply because I love the feeling of beads scrubing my face. It makes me feel the dirt and dead skin cells are removed from my skin. It's also important that it contains salicylic acid which helps prevent acne buildup. This is available at supermarkets.



2. Toner - I use Belo Clinic's Pore Minimizer and Chat 2%. I swear by these two toners that I have been using since high school. The pore minimizer helps in minimizing pores and the Chat 2% helps treat acne and even out blemishes. Both are available at any Belo Clinic.



Pore minimizer and Chat 2% are the ones in bottles at left

3. Moisturizer - I use Nivea Sparkling White Day Cream. I specifically like this because of the oil control and pore minimizing effect on my skin. This is also available at supermarkets.




4. Mask - I use Garnier Self Heating Sauna Mask and Aztec Spirulina Mask. This is a twice a month ritual for me as it gives me a tighter, firmer and glowing skin. Garnier mask is available at supermarkets while you can contact (02) 4772256 or visit www.spirulina.ph to order Aztec Spirulina Mask.





5. Healthy Lifestyle- Never sleep at night with your makeup still on. Drink lots of water and eat a balanced diet. :)

*photos courtesy of google as I don't have time today to take pictures of my products. ^_^

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment