Monday, February 4, 2013

Hongkong Disneyland 2013: Tips and Review

I know...I know, I have been MIA for the past months. Sorry my non-existent readers! Hahaha! Anyway, now that I'm back, I just want to share with you my recent trip to Hongkong.


For those who don't know, last March 2012 I scored roundtrip MNL-HKG seats for only Php2,500 all in from Cebu Pacific! Well, that's one of the perks of starting work at 4AM. :) But due to our wedding plans, we were so close to not pursue this trip anymore. Good thing, we decided to continue as it turned out to be a wonderful travel experience.

By December, I frequently visit Hongkong Disneyland's website and lucky me, I chanced upon their Early Bird promo for 2013. How great is that! We booked for a 3night stay at Disney's Hollywood Hotel.

http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/special/listing?name=EarlyBirdHotelOffer2010Page


Disney's Hollywood Hotel Garden


View of Disneyland fireworks from our Park View Room. Amazing!
After we checked in, we found this on our room. How sweet!


I love researching and I have visited endless blogs for Hongkong tips. Because of that, I learned that China Travel Service offers discounted tickets for Disneyland and Ngong Ping 360 Tickets. They have a branch in Hongkong Airport so it was really easy for backpacking tourists to buy there. I bought Disneyland 2-Day ticket for only HKD480 instead of buying at Disneyland for HKD499. You can locate it at Arrival Hall A - Counter A04. For more information on updated ticketing price, please visit their website:

http://www.ctshk.com/english/ticket/admticket_hk.htm

Hongkong Disneyland is not as big as the one in Anaheim and Florida. You can visit the park in just one day, but we decided to have 2 days so we could feel the total magical experience. There are five parts: Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland, Toy Story and the newly opened Grizzly Gulch. Another area will be opened in Spring of 2013 which will be called Mystic Mansion. It's the counter part of the original Haunted Mansion ride in the States.

Coco and I with the very perky Tinkerbell
But for me, the best moments in Disneyland where spent visiting souvenir shops! If only I can buy all of them, they're all so cute BUT very expensive. Whenever I'm tempted to buy, I would always take note that those Disney items can be bought in SM dept stores here in Manila for one third of their prices.

Mugs and Tumblers in all shapes and colors

Minnie Mouse Items

Keychains at HKD 68.00 each

I'll be writing in the next days our Ngong Ping Cable Car visit and Disney's Enchanted Garden Breakfast.

How about you? Share me your Disneyland moments! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment