Saturday, March 31, 2012

Simple Love

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
                                                                                            - Roy Croft

I've never been this open and vocal about my lovelife before, especially to people who I don't even kow who reads this. However, I just want to make this exception, simply because I am in love.

Back in college, I was the kind of girl who would likely to fall for guys who make grand gestures, surprises and gifts. I was what they call the typical-hopeless-romantic-girl. But for some reasons, they guys who court me...even if they do all those romatic gestures, I would just end up breaking their hearts. I also don't know what was wrong me, it's just that... something was missing.

Then there came a guy named Coco...

Coco started courting me in all the wrong ways you could ever think of. However, no matter how bad things went on our dates, I saw something in him that's different from all the guys I have met. Sincerety, kindness, humility and patience are just some of his traits that many guys do not possess in wooing a girl.

When we argue on our differences, he respects my opinion and tries to adjust and compromise.
When I have a problem, he's there to show me the brighter side of things.
When I am PMSing and my mood swings  are activated, he's patient and understands what I am going through

After four years of being together, he taught me that love is not all about the material things. Yes, it may be good at the start...but it will never last if your love is just based on roses and chocolates. He inspires me to be the kind of person that he is.

For sure we will have more challenges ahead of us, but I know we will get thru them and these will just make our relationship stronger. I have to be honest, I can't wait for the day that I will walk down the aisle and see him waiting for me at the altar. I can't wait to wake up everyday and see his pogi face beside me. And of course, I can't wait to have kids because for sure he will be a great dad. <3

...but all of these, I know will happen in God's time. :)

So this is my story...my love story. It may not have begun like what any fairytale should be like, but I know my story is the start of my happily ever after.




Happy weekend guys! Spread the love. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment